Following the government announcement on 23 March 2020, we made the tough decision as a family to close the doors of RightPrice for a period of time.
Although the Executive announcement listed Homeware stores as an essential business that could remain open to the public (https://www.nibusinessinfo.co.uk/content/coronavirus-business-closures-and-restrictions we wanted to take the time to ensure that when we did open it would be safe to do so for both staff and customers.
We were very aware that when we did re-open it would be with a ‘new normal’ for management, staff and customers. For the past 8 weeks, we have been working behind the scenes to ensure that suitable measures were in place to allow us to re-open. Following government advice, we have:
- Created a new entry and exit system within the shop -this will also allow us to monitor the number of people within the store at one time
- Placed hand sanitiser stations around the shop including one at the entrance
- Invested in Separators for hot spots within the shop to ensure social distancing is in place
- Marked out clear areas within the offices and stores to ensure staff are protected at all times
- Set out a clear and concise cleaning rota to ensure all public areas are cleaned on a regular basis
- Made gloves and masks available to staff
- Clear delivery conditions which must be met before any delivery of goods can be made
- Introduction of Apple Pay
- Signs clearly marked around the shop advising people of the social distancing rules
- Created a defined Covid-19 policy for staff to follow
This is not an exhaustive list and there are many other measures in place to ensure our customers can feel safe when entering the store. If there any changes to the government advice, then these will be implemented immediately.
Due to this effort and the announcement made by the Executive on 12/05/2020 https://www.nibusinessinfo.co.uk/downloads/priority-sectors-list.pdf , we now feel that we can safely open the shop from Monday 18th May 2020 to a limited number of customers at any one time. The shop will also only be open from 10.00 – 4.00pm. We will also only be open from Monday – Friday for the first 2 weeks until we settle back in safely. If a customer would like guaranteed entry please contact us via PM and we can arrange an appointment for yourself.
Our on-site café, The Pantry, will not be opening at this time.
We are all finding our feet during this difficult time and we would hope that our customers will work with us as we attempt to navigate this new situation. We look forward to seeing you then.